System Requirements and InstallationUSB Disk Security requires no special requirement to install and use. Earlier and new versions of Windows are supported. A PC restart is not required to start using the product.
A resident shield icon of USB Disk Security is displayed in the notification area in Windows providing handy link to enable and disable the protection offered by the program, to open the user interface and to update the program.
FeaturesUSB Disk Security is offering the following features:
- USBShield - real-time protection against threats via USB drive
- USBScan - a feature to scan any USB drive
- Memory Shield - monitors the memory for unsafe actions by any applications
- Quarantine - a manager to manage quarantined. The files are encrypted in the quarantine.
- Repair System- repairing the Windows registry and a feature to run a disk clean-up.
- AutoStart Manager - Managing the autostart applications in Windows
UI and PerformanceDue to the limitation in the trial version, the product’s feature cannot be tested during this review. Updating, scanning the USB, repairing the system registry and cleaning-up the disk are the features that we cannot test due to limitation.
The User Interface is quite neat and will not confuse you. The program also provides helpful information in using the program. However, it is using 6MB of memory which is too much for a program that does not allow you to scan or use the program’s features. Enabling and disabling the protection is not possible using the limited version.
Most antivirus and anti-malware programs have the ability to protect networked and removable drives via USB using behavioral and signature detections. This program is not required if your anti-malware tool provide protections already.